Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sepp Blatter Says He Hasn’t Resigned as President


balt_1781366b
Sepp Blatter, who had announced he was stepping down three weeks after his re-election as FIFA president, has insisted that he did not resign , adding to speculation that he could make attempts to stay on… As earlier suggested by Swiss newspaper Schweiz am Sonntag stating that Blatter could make a u-turn on his decision…

However, while addressing an audience at the topping-out ceremony for FIFA’s new museum in Zurich, Blatter, who had announced his resignation amid FIFA’s corruption scandal, said:
“I have not resigned. I am making my mandate available at an extraordinary congress.”
Speaking about the museum, he added:
“Only those who know the past can understand the present and shape the future. Or in other words: the ball is round – but only those who come from outer space know the actual dimensions of our sport. For me personally, the museum is a labour of love. But do not get me wrong: I’m not ready for the museum nor for a waxwork yet.”
What do you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment