Friday, August 14, 2015

Read!!! My Most Devastating Experience – Charles Okafor

Charles-Okafor

Veteran actor, Charles Okafor, who has been off the big screen for a while now – In a recent chat with The Sun, revealed things about himself, I bet you didn’t even know – Like he resigned his first job at the Security and Exchange Commission, to become a fullitome actor and that he grew up in Ajegunle? – Read some excerpts from the chat below:

Your father didn’t like the idea of you becoming an actor. Did that affect your relationship with him?
It was out of concern for a son that he loved. By the way, it brings me back to my antecedent. I was born into a very poor family in Ajegunle, Lagos. But by sheer providence, I found myself serving in Security and Exchange Commission and was retained after youth service. There was this secure job that guarantees monthly pay. Suddenly, you came and said you wanted to leave that for the unknown. No father would easily accede to that.
Was there a particular trying moment in your life you want to share?
On the most devastating moment of his life, he said:
When I lost my father on August 18, 2000, it was one of the most devastating experiences of my life. My father just came to this world, suffered and died without enjoying the fruits of his children. Today, one of his sons is in the commanding height in the military. He had close to 15 grandchildren, but he only saw one grandchild. Also, when my mother died last year. Between those two, I have had tears-inviting experiences, but not as profound as the demise of my parents. I also remember when I drove to Ajegunle and saw the decrepit building where we lived. And at a time, my siblings and I took our wives and children to see my mother in Ajegunle; that was before we took her out of the place. Our wives come from rich families, but we took them to the ghetto where we grew up.
Hmmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment