Wednesday, February 4, 2015

On Missing N30 trillion: I Won’t Enter Into That Debate – Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala


127
You all know that former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof. Charles Soludo’s article has raised a lot of debate..well, Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Tuesday said she would no longer reply claims that that N30 trillion was stolen under her watch.

According to her, while responding to questions on a radio programme on Raypower, when asked to comment on the alleged missing N30 trillion, she said:
“This is part of the packaged lies that Nigerians must avoid. I don’t want to enter into that debate, we have answered him (Soludo) and I don’t want to join issues with him because you don’t join issues when things don’t make any sense.”
“There is a lot of misinformation that is being put out and it is sad for me. I have not been controlling the audit, it is the Auditor General. Nigerians have been misinformed. They left out the fact that the Auditor-General was in charge of the report.
I was only interviewed for it and there was no way I could be in charge, but some people decided to paint it as if I was in charge of the report and that is very unfortunate.
It is part of the packaging and misinformation in this politics, and it has to stop because Nigerians cannot be continuously deceived,”
Do you agree with her???

No comments:

Post a Comment