Friday, March 20, 2015

I Can Never Forgive Buhari – Adebanjo


Adebanjo
Chief Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere leader, says he can never forgive Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, because of the sins he committed against Yoruba leaders while he was head of state between December 1983 and August 1985

87-year-old Adebanjo, was a close associate of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, and he is angry with Buhari, because he locked up all the Yoruba governors after overthrowing the Shehu Shagari government – He said:
“Back then, Awolowo warned Shagari that his government would soon hit the rock if he did not put things in order. Shortly after, in December 1983, Buhari overthrew the government but the man that was speaking against Shagari (Awolowo), was harrassed by Buhari.
“Buhari picked up all the Yoruba governors: Adekunle Ajasin (Ondo State); Olabisi Onabanjo (Ogun) and others, who were true progressives and locked them up.
“Somebody said I am a Christian and I should forgive Buhari but I said I cannot forgive such. Ajasin’s children say they have forgiven Buhari but I am not in their party, I can’t forgive him.”
Adebanjo, went further to say that:
“I am saying vote Jonathan not because he is Ijaw or from the South-South. No northerner will convoke a national conference because everything we are talking of that has been unfavourable to the South; they (North) are the beneficiaries.”
What do you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment