Monday, April 13, 2015

Woman Might Never Walk Again After Contracting Staph From Using a Friend’s Makeup Brush

wheelchair
Ladies, before you go ahead borrow someone else’s make up tool – you better read this story as a young mother will spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair after catching a serious infection from using her best friend’s make up brush on a pimple. How’s that?

According to Daily Mail, Jo Gilchrist, 27, was left writhing in pain on Valentine’s Day when a staph infection invaded her body and eventually attacked her spine, which has left her at the Hospital ever since and doctors are still desperately trying to rid her body of the bacteria.
According to her:
‘It started as a little ache in my back and I thought it was my bad posture, but it kept getting worse and worse,’
‘I was in incredible pain and nothing would work. I honestly thought I was going to die – the pain was worse than childbirth.’
The mother of one says it took doctors a long time to work out what was wrong and her body started to go numb and she lost feeling in her legs.
‘They said (the numbness) would go all the way up my arms and into my chest and when that happened I’d have to be put in an induced coma and learn to breathe again,’
When she woke she learned she had contracted community-associated MRSA – an antibiotic-resistant form of golden staph.
‘My friend did have a staph infection on her face and I was using her brush just before. I had no idea that could even happen, I used to share with my friends all the time.
‘My best friend feels horrible, but it’s not her fault at all. I just had a low immune system and it was the perfect breeding ground for the bacteria.’
‘They told me at my bedside that I’d never walk again and I just felt numb and I had tears rolling down my cheeks,’
‘But I’m fighting this with all I’ve got and I’m starting to learn to walk again. Two weeks ago they said I might be able to walk for an hour or two a day – like grocery shopping, washing up and hanging the washing out.
‘I’m happy with that. I honestly didn’t even expect that.’
‘I was so lucky it went to my spine… if it went to my brain I would have died and if it went to my limbs they would have been amputated,

Doctors are still administering high strength antibiotics to rid her body of the infection and she will spend another three months in hospital before she is cleared to return home.
All these from just using a simple make up brush – SAD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment