Wednesday, November 19, 2014

2015: Tambuwal Suspends Ambition to Contest as President


tambuwal-360x225
I was actually thinking, how it was possible to defect from one party and all of a sudden get the presidential ticket of the new party, without causing trouble among existing aspirants. It looks like Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, gave it a proper thought and yesterday suspended his ambition to run as the All Progressives Congress’s, APC presidential candidate.

Tambuwal, according to media reports would in the next days formally affirm his entry into the Sokoto governorship contest as the APC governorship ticket in the state has been zoned to his senatorial district.
Yesterday, the speaker thanked all those who contributed the N27.5 million, but after serious politicking decided to suspend his ambition:
“A few days ago, precisely on Friday, the 14th of November, 2014, a group of friends, associates, colleagues and admirers cutting across all ages, ethnic, social, religious, political and geographical divides presented to me the Expression of Interest and Nomination forms for me to participate in the presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress ( APC ) for the 2015 Presidential Election.”
“On that auspicious occasion, being profoundly humbled, I requested for a little more time to conclude my last round of the series of nationwide consultations which indeed I was just about to conclude.”
“I have carefully considered the concerns expressed by some of our leaders, whom I deeply respect and whose support and counsel I enjoy,to the effect that my entry into the presidential race at this point may necessitate having to rework some equations on the political chessboard of the party.”
Good move or what do you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment