Monday, November 17, 2014

Lagos Alfa Kills and Dumps Body of 62year Old in Lagoon


Akanbi-Kareem1-360x225
Normalcy has flown out of the window, and abnormality has become the order of the day, that’s why you would hear of such a despicable tale that a cleric, instead of upholding religious values, has killed a 62-year-old woman, Raliatu Kareem instead.

Mr. Isiaka Akanbi popularly called Alfa, was alleged by the police of stealing the deceased’s wallet and other personal effects.
The Alfa, who has a traditional healing centre on Lawani Street, in the Olodi Apapa area of Lagos, has known the deceased for about 20 years as she was a close customer of his, and according to Punch, on Saturday, October 25, Kareem, went to visit an elder sister, Risikatu Raheem, whose daughter put to bed in the Olodi Apapa area, and stayed till around 6pm at her sister’s place on Salubi Street before she headed for the Alfa’s place.
But she didn’t return two days after, and the family became worried, when she wasn’t found at her sister’s apartment, some family members, who knew she was a friend of the cleric, decided to check the Alfa’s place, but the Alfa denied setting eyes on Kareem.
Alfa, gave himself away, when he reportedly started packing his property, and preparing to flee the house some hours later, this made the family raise the alarm and headed the Police Station to report the incident. The police later came to arrest Akanbi.
During interrogation, 55-year-old Akanbi told the police that:
“On the evening of October 26, it is true that she visited me. We have been very good friends too. On that day, she just collapsed and became unconscious. I quickly rushed her to a nearby hospital, but I was shocked when the nurses told me she had died.
“I got a NAPEP tricycle and took her corpse to the Marine Bridge that same night and abandoned it there. I did not want people to trace her corpse to me. When I got home, I buried her wallet, handset, bangle and ring behind my house.
“I did not kill her. I am an Alfa, I do favour charms for traders. I met Raliatu in 1986. Since then, we have been family friends. She used to come to my place for consultation and I had been to her house too.”
Hmm!!! If she died of a natural cause, then did he dump her body at the Marina bridge???

No comments:

Post a Comment