Monday, May 18, 2015

Nigerian athlete wins 100m in Shanghai

Blessing Okagbare ran 100m in 10.98 seconds to win the Shanghai leg of the 2015 Diamonds Leg

  Blessing Okagare shines in Shanghai 
Africa and Commonwealth sprint champion,  Blessing Okagbare, beat some high profile names to win the 100m of the Shanghai leg of the 2015 Diamonds leg on Saturday, May 16.
Okagbare finished the race in 10.98 to win the race ahead of Tori Bowie and Jamaican Olympic champion Shelly-Anne Fraser-Pryce.
It has been a good month for the Delta State born sprinter who led Nigeria's relay team -Regina George, Dominique Duncan and Christy Udoh- to win the 4x200m gold of the Bahamas Relay.
“My race was pretty good,” Okagbare said after the race.
“It is not easy to compete with the best of the world – but I won. I focused on my start. Normally I don’t have the best start, but now I was leading from the beginning.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment