Thursday, November 13, 2014

Everyone Has Had a ‘Johnny’ in Their Life at One Point in Time – Yemi Alade


yemi-alade
Yemi Alade, whose full name is Yemi Eberechi Alade, an Afro-pop and Rnb artist signed to Effyzzie music group, a graduate of Geography from the University of Lagos; in a recent chat with Dailypost tells it all,

According to the singer, who is born of an Igbo mother( no wonder the proficient Igbo in her song ‘Johnny’ and a Yoruba father, from Ondo state, state, said she’s non-partisan to politics but only played at APC convention because its her job;
My work is to entertain, I love entertainment. it’s what I do for a living. In a country like ours where we have so many gifted artists, when I am called upon to render services, I would render. Fortunately and unfortunately those are assumptions that I am aligning with APC. I am not a person of political party or parties; I go with what I do. It has nothing to do with APC or any other party. I have no pledge or alliance to any particular party.
And on what brought the inspiration for the much loved song ‘Johnny’ she said;
The inspiration came from an OAP in Abuja who suggested carelessly that I sing a love song for once with someone’s name and I said ok, I would give thought to it and it worked out.. Everybody has a Johnny in their life at a point in time, or must have experienced a similar situation. But the thing is that even though I mentioned only three names in the song, in my own case, it’s a book full of names.
So fellas – have you ever had a ‘Johnny’ in your life????

No comments:

Post a Comment