Saturday, November 8, 2014

There is Nothing Wrong With Playing Gay Roles in Movies – Femi Adebayo


adeee
One of my favourite Yoruba actors, Femi Adebayo, son of veteran actor Oga Bello, in a recent interview, the actor expressed his feelings about playing gay roles in movies;

“I can act gay roles. Why not? I can play any role given to me. I don’t have restrictions, as a good actor I must be able to interpret any script given to me. After all it is make-believe, it has nothing to do with who you really are. For an instance, I am a Muslim but I have had to play the role of a pastor many times over,”
According to him, the most embarrassing thing a female fan has ever done to him, was;
“Ah, she jumped on me, kissed me and told me that she had promised herself that whenever she sees me she was going to do that to me. Fortunately, I was with my wife that day and I told her I was sorry and she said it was okay. It’s one of those anxious moments of our job. Before the fan left she apologised to me and to my wife.
Seriously, I get the whole professionalism thing and all that, but isn’t kind of awkward for someone who isn’t gay to act a scene where he has to like….kiss another man?

No comments:

Post a Comment