Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Gold Digger Girlfriend Befriends Lonely Man Only to Steal His £56,000


golddy
Some women have no chill at all – So this mother-of-two claimed to be in love with a lonely bachelor, but was only interested in his money, as she made away with £56,000 of his inheritance money spent on online shopping and betting machines…

According to Daily Mail UK:
Malcolm Hibbert had been single for many years when he met Karen Hughes, 50, in December 2011 while he still was living with his widowed mother Ruth, in Burnley, Lancashire.
Although, he never lived together with his girlfriend, but they would see each other several times a week and she had keys to his property.
But within months of his mother dying and leaving him £56,000 inheritance, the majority of the money was gone after Hughes callously seized control of her boyfriend’s finances and splashed £20,000 of it on herself.
And he told court he had only discovered the money was missing when he went to his bank to ask why transactions had been blocked – and was told there was only £10,000 left of the nest egg.
The court heard that she ended their relationship when she was asked about the money
He had this to say:
‘I had only just lost my mum but Karen suddenly got more involved in my life and was arranging the funeral and everything. She became my rock. I am normally very cautious with money but she wormed her way in and virtually spent the lot. I went into the bank one day and when I couldn’t get any money, they told me there was lot of unusual spending habits and showed what was left. It knocked me for six.
‘I just didn’t have a clue what she was up to. I thought we would have been sweethearts for life but it looks like ultimately she was only after me for my money. I feel like I’ve been taken for a mug.’
And she has been jailed for 18 months…good enough???

No comments:

Post a Comment