Friday, October 17, 2014

Buhari Took Bank Loan to Purchase APC Nomination Form



buhari-apc-702x336
I would never understand, why a party’s nomination form would cost a whooping N25M, anyways Gen. Buhari whose ambition according to him is to salvage the country from its dilapidated state, had no choice than to take a bank loan to foot the cost.

Buhari, who however lamented the high cost, while purchasing the N25 million nomination form at the party’s national secretariat yesterday, said that he was fired by his ambition to procure a bank loan through the assistance of an unnamed bank chairman earlier yesterday, Vanguard reports.
“It’s a pity I couldn’t influence this amount to be put down as in the case of ladies and the disabled that intend to participate. I always looked left and right in our meetings but I could not read sympathy, so I kept my trap.
“But I felt heavily sorry for myself because I don’t want to go and ask somebody to pay for my nomination forms, because I always try to pay myself, at least for the nomination.
“N27 million is a big sum, thankfully I have personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna and early this morning, I put an early call (and) I told him that very soon the forms are coming, so, whether I am on red, or green or even black please honour it, otherwise I may lose the nomination.
“I was about to go to Kaduna this morning and I told the Chairman (John Odigie-Oyegun) but he said in that case, you better pick your form and keep a straight face. That means there is no excuse,”
And the National Chairman of the APC, answering the question of why the form costs a fortune, when Buhari handed the form to him, said:
“Let me say that the N27.5m is to separate the men from the boys. It is quite clear. We know you. I don’t expect you have N27m under your bed. But I expected that there are Nigerians who will vouch for you any day and who are ready to stand for you any day and that is the result that we have obtained today”.
Hmm! Separate the men from the boys uh? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment