Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Should Churches Pay Tax? Bishop Oyedepo Reacts

Should Churches Pay Tax? Bishop Oyedepo Reacts

David-Oyedepo
Founder of Living Faith Church aka Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo who turned 60 recently, was ranked by Forbes as the World’s Richest pastor with an estimated worth of about $150million.

Well, in a recent chat with Reuters, the Man of God, debunked such rating, saying he has no idea, how Forbes got to the conclusion:
“For me, to have fortune means someone who has what he needs at any point in time. I don’t see myself as having $150 million stacked up somewhere. Whatever way they found their figures, I am only able to say I am blessed by the Lord.”
And on whether churches should pay tax, putting into consideration how much money they make nowadays, the Bishop had this to say;
“There is no single government input on this premises. We supply our water, we make our roads, then you … say: ‘Let’s tax them’. For what?

No comments:

Post a Comment