Friday, October 23, 2015

Photos: Day Care centre abandons 1-year-old in the dark after being mistaken for a doll

Jurnee Jones, 1, was discovered alone and crying in the dark at a daycare center on W. Chicago Ave, Daily News reports. The child's shocked father Cornelius Jones said he panicked when he turned up to collect his daughter 15 minutes before the center closed and realized what had happened.

 
      "I was terrified and I was also hurt because I knew she was in there in the dark and I couldn't get to her. I was wondering where is she, where is she. I hear her, but I couldn't see her."
 
Jones called emergency services, who rushed to the scene and forced the door open.The rescue was recorded in dramatic video which shows Journee bawling on the floor of the center.
 
       "One of the police officers flashed a light to the left and flashed it back to the right and that's when I saw her crawling towards us screaming and my heart just dropped, he added.
The Department of Children and Family Services are investigating the center.
 
Staff at the center told Jones that they were still in the back of the building when he arrived.
According to Journee’s mom Quanesha Borum, the director apologized and said staff had mistaken her daughter for a doll.
 
      "She's not that little to be a doll, so it's some excuses," said Borum.
Jones is calling for the center to have its license revoked.
     "If anything it should be shut down, I mean nobody leaves kids behind, toddlers," he said. "I don't care how old they are that’s dangerous"

No comments:

Post a Comment